RCG Managed Futures is a division of Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG) and is primarily focused on managed futures. One of our primary goals is providing brokers with additional tools to serve their business including a CTA managed futures database, and other information on CTAs to help brokers add/ or increased their managed futures services for their clients.
Managed futures is a growing segment of the derivatives business and is an investment segment that allows investors the ability to diversify their portfolios in a cash efficient manner and also offers an alternative investment that is transparent and liquid.
For current futures traders, it is an efficient use of cash because accounts can be cross margined and notionally funded.
Benefits of offering managed futures:
- Managed futures as a product is a natural fit for many firms
- Allows you to service a wider variety of clients including investors, family offices, RIAs, institutional investors, and high-net worth individuals
- Reduced support requirements–no trade platform, or similar support questions
- Accounts are professionally traded by CTAs and in most cases are CFTC/NFA registered
- Provides existing clients with a long term investment solution
- Efficient use of cash in two distinct ways:
- Current futures investors/traders can take advantage of cross margining the existing account with the managed futures account
- Notional Funding allows the client to direct the CTA to trade the account as if the funding amount was higher than the actual funds on deposit in the client’s account. This does not however mean that the account may trade under margined.
Why RCG Managed Futures
The Strength of Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG)
As a division of Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG), RCG Managed Futures provides access to managed futures programs, futures clearing and execution, technology, service, and the financial standing you want in a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM). Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG) is one of the oldest and largest independently owned Futures Commission Merchant (FCMs) in the United States. As an FCM we are regulated and fully registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and are members of the National Futures Association (NFA).
Leadership comes naturally to the executives at Rosenthal Collins Group. Our top officials have served as chairmen of Chicago’s major futures exchanges. Les Rosenthal at the Chicago Board of Trade, Bob Collins at the MidAmerica Commodity Exchange, and RCG Chairman/CEO Scott Gordon at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. These perspectives provide unparalleled experience in the futures brokerage community as well as a lasting commitment to the industry.
Familiarity with Futures: Offering a Variety of CTA programs
As the managed futures division of Rosenthal Collins Group, we utilize our background in the futures industry as an FCM, to provide access to CTA programs and investments that may fit in with your objectives. We provide clearing access to CTA programs with different trading methodologies, strategies, backgrounds, and markets traded in order to provide a range of CTAs that can potentially be cleared at RCG. You can review the RCG Managed Futures CTA Database, powered by the industry leading BarclayHedge tool, to review and choose CTA managers that might suit your objectives and be of interest.
Managed Futures Information and Tools
We provide access to information and tools to help facilitate your managed futures investing. We offer the efficient use of cash through notional funding, offer a master account structure so that you can cross margin your futures accounts and provide information on the details of futures and managed futures accounts, so that you can better access the futures markets and investments. In addition to providing resources and information on managed futures, as stated above, we also provide access to the RCG Managed Futures CTA Database, powered by the industry leading Barclay Hedge CTA database tool, in order for you to track and evaluate managed futures programs.
Talk to us about your needs. We’ll discuss how managed futures can be a benefit to you and your goals